Horse’s Mouth News appreciates donations in support of good journalism and quality reportage. (Naira Account, Nigeria)
Account number: 6281917627
Account name: Horse’s Mouth News Media
Bank: Monie Point
Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ of Iran deal
US President Donald Trump on Monday threatened to bomb Oman if it “gets in the way” of a US deal with Iran regarding the Strait of Hormuz, while calling for a total surrender by Iran.
On the ongoing talks between Oman and Iran on control of the Strait, Trump told Fox News journalist Trey Yingst: “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them.”
According to Yingst’s post on X (formerly Twitter), Trump said Iran should “put up the white flag of surrender,” insisting that he was in no hurry to reach a deal.
The US president told Yingst that there is a direct back-channel between his administration and officials of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
Meanwhile, Iran’s foreign ministry had earlier said on Monday that the Iranian and Omani sides were working on a joint declaration, following weeks of talks on the future maritime navigation arrangements through the shipping route.
Trump has repeatedly insisted that the Strait remains open and under US control, while blockading commercial access to Iran through the shipping route, and also hinting on declaring the Strait as part of US territory.
The international waterway serves as a commercial route for at least 20 percent of global oil trade.
The US has been on a campaign against Iran’s nuclear ambition, carrying out aerial strikes on its military infrastructure in an attempt to force the regime to abandon its nuclear program.


